Education- MS. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL),State University at Albany, 3.8 GPA, 2009
- BA in English, minor in French
Experience- 10 year experience in teaching foreign languages to adults (ESL & Arabic).
- Speak 3 different languages fluently (English,Arabic, & French).
- Native speaker of Arabic.
- Academic experience in teaching foreign languages to adults (MS degree).
- Currently teaching Arabic in Guilderland and Albany school districts for Adults.
Hobbies- I love teaching adults and using different forms of technology to make my lessons more appealing.
- In my classes, I focus on the cultural and conversational aspects of the language; something that is ignored by many books that only focus on the written and grammatical aspects. Thus, my classes are fun, interesting,and multi-focused.
Client Reviews (3)
Mai is a fantastic tutor. She is patient and crafts the class towards my needs by increasing or decreasing the speed to fit my learning level. I really appreciate her professional attitude and her enthusiasm for teaching. I have only been with her for about two months, but the progress we have made is great and I can't wait to keep learning with her.
She is best tutor for me. I'm looking forword to taking her class every time because she tells basic English kindly.
We've only met twice.... amazing how much we have already covered. Mai is well prepared, moves easily from one area of focus to another so the session stays interesting, and is already introducing challenging but accessible materials. We are now halfway through the alphabet, reading simple words, practicing about 30 short expressions, and she has found listening materials on the internet for me to work on for the next session.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.